The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in London has the honour to inform a call for participants for the SECOND BALI DEMOCRACY STUDENTS CONFERENCE “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives” which will be held in Bali, Indonesia on 6-7 December 2018
Bali Democracy Student Conference discusses democracy issues as part of the Bali Democracy Forum and the Bali Civil Society and Media Forum.
This Conference is organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia to provide a forum for young generation from different countries to discuss issues on democracy; to transfer and share knowledge on the discourse of democracy; to obtain inputs, ideas as well as absorb aspiration and perspectives of students about democracy.
Indonesian, British and Irish students studying in the UK and Ireland are encouraged to apply.
– be a Bachelor or Master Degree student having interest in political issues especially democracy;
– be 21-28 years old
– has good command of English
– has a good record of organizational skills
– has an active and positive social media presence
Interested? Please prepare these documents:
– Filled in application form;
– Curriculum Vitae
– Recommendation Letter from the University
– Copy of Passport (identity page)
– Copy of Student ID
– 4×6 colour photo
– A letter stating willingness and commitment to participate in the whole program from 5-8 December 2018
– Short essay in English about views on Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspective (650 words, font Arial 11, 1.5pt space)
– 30-second profile video in English, uploaded to social media account tag to Indonesian Embassy social media account. The video must consist of (1) introduction of name and university and (2) brief views on Democracy for Prosperity.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE INDONESIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON BY MONDAY, 22 OCTOBER 2018.
The BDSC Committee will provide:
– Twin-shared hotel accommodation from 5 to 8 December 2018
– Local transport in between airport, hotel and conference venue from 5 to 8 December 2018
– Meals from 5 to 8 December 2018
What to expect?
The Conference will conduct deliberation on issues related to democracy and prosperity. Participants will convene the Opening Session jointly with the participants of BDF XI and BCSMF and continue to participate in the panel discussion within the BDSC on 6 December 2018.
On 7 December 2018, participants will rejoin with participants of BDF XI and BCSMF in panel discussion and closing session. A representative from BDSC will be invited to deliver a report at the closing session.
Full Detail: BDSC2018 Application
Further info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org