Call for Application (UK & IRELAND): INDONESIAN ARTS AND CULTURE SCHOLARSHIP, JULY – OCTOBER 2020
Referring to the current global situation and to ensure the program runs safely and smoothly, the Committee decided to extend the registration deadline from 23 February 2020 to 3 April 2020. The program which is planned to start from May to August is now changed from July to October. Please note to the new timeline below.
The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) has been held since 2003 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia and has been awarded to 920 participants from 77 countries. It is a non-degree scholarship to learn Indonesian language, arts and culture at an arts centre in Indonesia for 3 months.
The Scholarship is set to promote better understanding about Indonesia through the various arts and culture. It provides a platform to build people to people contact between the participants and Indonesians. Therefore, participants will live within or close to the arts centre; allowing maximum exposure for participants to not only learn about Indonesia from the centre but also from the local community.
06 January Applications open
3 April Applications close
15 May Announcement of results
15-19 June Pre-departure briefing at the Indonesian Embassy in London
3 July Depart to Jakarta, Indonesia
4-5 July Arrival of participants in Jakarta, Indonesia
6-12 July Orientation and team building activities
10 July Opening of the programme by Indonesian Minister for Foreign Affairs
13 July – 10 October Indonesian language, arts and culture programme starts at arts centre
11 October Arrival of participants at the venue of the closing of the programme
16 October Closing of the programme (“Indonesia Channel”)
17-18 October Cultural excursion and farewell night
19 October Return to UK/Ireland
All participants will spend a week of orientation in Jakarta. The Committee will then divide all participants into six groups to start their Indonesian language, arts and culture programme in different arts centres around Indonesia. The arts centres are in Bali, East Java, East Kalimantan, South Sulawesi, West Sumatra, and Yogyakarta. Learn about the different parts of Indonesia here: https://www.indonesia.travel/gb/en/home
The type of arts, including but not limited to dance, music and crafts, that will be taught to participants are different from one centre to another. Each arts centre will arrange social and cultural projects too, including cultural visits to historical places and tourist destinations. At the closing of the programme, participants will showcase their learning results by performing in an arts and cultural night titled “Indonesia Channel”.
- BRITISH and IRISH nationality and holder of a minimum of secondary education certificate/diploma (equivalent to Indonesian high school)
- Age 21-27 years old;
- Possess high interest or talent in arts;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Passionate to learn Indonesian language, arts and culture;
- Active in student organizations and/or the social community;
- Proficient user of social media.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill and submit:
- 2020 IACS Application Form (UK & Ireland). Click here: https://bit.ly/2ZXbLvy
- 2020 IACS Capability to Participate Questionnaire. Click here: https://bit.ly/2QqXHaK
- 2020 IACS Social Media Usage. Click here: https://bit.ly/2QUXewo
- View of Indonesia Survey. Click here: https://bit.ly/39IIDg5
Send these supporting documents to the Indonesian Embassy in London through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A motivation letter;
- A photocopy of passport;
- Recent passport photo in colour with red background (no less than 6 months);
- A photocopy of academic certificate/diploma;
- A letter of recommendation that can best describe your suitability to the programme.
The Scholarship will cover:
- International flight tickets (economy) London/Dublin-Jakarta-London/Dublin
- Indonesian visa fee
- Domestic flight tickets (economy)
- Accommodation (twin sharing hotel room/dormitory/homestay)
- Tuition fee for the Indonesian language, arts and culture programme in designated arts centre
- Local transportation during the programme
- Basic Indonesian health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp 2.000.000,00
Further inquiries can be directed to the above e-mail address.
 The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in London is accredited to the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland ONLY. Participants from other nationalities living in the UK and Ireland may apply from the Indonesian Embassy in their respective home countries.
 Participants are advised to provide their own international travel/health insurance.
 Equivalent to ± GBP109 to cover personal expenses such as meal and toiletries.