- This visa is issued by the Indonesian Embassy to applicants who are going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions and attending study and training programme in Indonesia.
- Type of entry : Single Entry
Maximum length of stay is 60 days.
Extensions can be applied for and obtained in Indonesia from the Immigration Authorities.
- Approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia is needed for applicants who wish to stay longer than 60 days which must be applied for by the applicant’s sponsor/relative/friends who reside/based in Indonesia. Visa will only be issued by the Embassy after receiving the authorization/approval from the Immigration office in Indonesia.
- A person granted a student, research or training visa is not permitted to take up employment, and may not remain in Indonesia for any purpose other than that for which the visa was granted.
- Multiple entries need special permit from the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
- Validity of visa will be three months from the date of issue. NOTE: This is the period by which you will have to use the visa to enter Indonesia before it expires, as shown in the Expiry Date. The visa itself will be valid for 60 days (for single entry) from the date of arrival.
- To return the passport by post, a Self Addressed Special delivery Envelope should be provided.
- Visa is issued within 3 – 5 working days from receipt of application provided all documents are in order.
Required documents which should be submitted are as follows:
- Must be UK / Ireland Resident (with minimum validity at least one mounth exceeding the validity of the request visa).
- Passport (with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia).
- One completed visa application form online
- One coloured passport size photograph.
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of applicant’s intended stay in Indonesia (Bank Statement dated less than a month with a minimum balance of £1,000.- or traveler’s cheque).
- Evidence of obligation in the applicant’s country of permanent residence (e.g. a letter from employer/ college/ school, certifying the applicant’s intention to return after the visit to Indonesia).
- Travel itinerary (proof of bookings), including details of onward or return journey.
- Written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia should the duration of visit is to exceed 60 days.
All fees must be paid in Postal order (personal check not accepted) payable to Indonesian Embassy. Alternatively, fees can also be paid by UK Debit Card payment during collection (2.30pm – 4.pm).
- Single Entry £ 45.00
- Multiple Entry £ 90.00
For visiting relatives/friends/social organizations
- A letter of invitation from the applicant’s family/relatives/friends/social organizations in Indonesia, and copy of their passport (main details only) or ID (KTP).
- Evidence of sufficient funds or a third party letter guaranteeing to support the applicant financially during his/her stay, together with documentary evidence of ability to do so.
- A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
- Evidence that all the necessary fees have been paid in advance. If the applicant is on a scholarship/award programme, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor(s)/awardees is required.